Truth claims for everyone!

Monday, June 05, 2006

in a safe place.

i wish i could write. not like this, write, but like write write. i wish i could just pick up a guitar and write a song. my friend andy can do it really well, and i've always been a little jealous of that. (i know he reads this so, here's looking at you kid). anyways, today i realized that i haven't wrote a song in forever. now most of the songs i do write don't end up as captain songs, but that never really bothered me. it seems like every time i pick up a guitar, i can't think of anything new to do. just the same songs. at least i've got this. maybe i'll start focusing my independant creativity on something like...writing this blog! or, maybe i'll follow in my friend drew's footsteps and write a novel. i always liked that scene in waking life, where the guys in the coffee shop, writing furiously. this girl then asks him, "what are you writing". he starts to tell her about a story, that is just the characters living life. maybe that's what i'll write about. four early twentys musicians, struggling to make ends meet, while trying to pursue a dream, that everyone thinks they should give up on. i doubt it would get published. maybe i'll write a screenplay. who knows. i've got all summer to do something productive and artistic and creative with my time. chances are i'll end up eating alot of fast food and watching too many movies. maybe, i'll write a letter. like a REAL letter, not a 10 K email. i don't really know who i'd send a letter to. i know, the only way i'll be able to do all this great creative stuff is if i discipline myself to do it. SO, here's my plan (i'm making this up as i go, it will probably need revisions, so feel free to leave a comment and help me out):

i'll make a checklist, with certain guidelines, that features every type of writing i mentioned above (plus some more). now, i'm going to organize in such a way, that every week i should have done something to either start, continue on, or finish one of these goals. so how does this look:

June
----
[] write a song
[] write a poem
[] write a letter
[] write a short story
[] start writing a novel

for the following months, i'll do the same task, or continue working on one of those.

well, it's quite ambitious i know. wish me luck?

Jamison.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamison it's Parker. It's the morning after camp and I decided to check out out this site. so here i am! That is alot of stuff to do or even get started on just in the month of june dontcha think. But newayz haha "get off a me."anyways you gotta let me know how all that stuff turned out and you know im gonna wanna either hear that song or read these stories. But anyways me and landon and we think jesse are goin back to LIT and i only got an hour and a half to pack so i better get started. Hope to talk to ya soon Jamison. Have a good one

Parker

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO FREAKEN HOTT JAMISON. MY NAME IS KIM TRIFFO AND I WAS THERE WHEN YOU WERE AT LIVING SPRINGS BIBLE CAMP. YOU WERE THE BEST COUNSELOR. OH AND DID I MENTION HOT Mc HOTTIE!!!!!!!
XOXOXOXOX KIM

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy hows it goin? So take a wild guess who this is....... give up??
Its DEREK.
"Man our cabin is Sweet"
and "the wall of exellent achievements.(Mine was the emotional and pscological endurence award remmember)
so whats happenin man u and the band making some loot to shoot
that'd be sweet guess when u have enough and become bazillionaires u can by me Ferrari.
Yeah so its the 17 of august and i just thought i might give u a shout.
OH YEA, remmember hows aurelea broke up with me??
well any ways i hooked back up with me old old girl friend Keely and since her and aurelea r friends she started askin me how i was
And then it turns out that Aurelea told her that she broke with me in person (pardon my language, but really pissed me off) yea so it buddies birth day tommorow and we're havin a party at pelican point in BAshaw so i better get packin up for then weekend talk to u later man

tell RoB ,AndY and jole Derek Says hey dudes

CABIN 11 RULES
peace out my fine feathered friend

Anonymous said...

i ment Drew

Latest Additions.

  • Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours
  • My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges
  • Ra Ra Riot - Ra Ra Riot EP
  • Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
  • The National - The Virgina EP