Truth claims for everyone!

Monday, March 26, 2007

sky blue sky.

this evening makes me nostalgic. it's the kind of evening where a friend would show up at 5:30ish, and ask my parents if i can come outside and play. of course, it would be too early, and i'd have to eat dinner first. but i'd eat dinner so fast that it made my stomach hurt. i'd try to get away with not eating the veggies, and beg my parents to be excused. then i'd run out the door, and out into the street, where there would probably be a game of street hockey going on. then at 8:00 or so, my mom would call out into the street, that it was time to come in. so i'd tell the guys i'd see them at school tomorrow, and i'd run back home.

this evening is the kind of evening where i'm expecting a friend to come ring our doorbell.

2 comments:

Jumo said...

Man, I check your blog every day, so when I saw a new title today when the page loaded I was like "Yeahhh!!!" hehe thanks for the post, it was cool.

Love yah bro,

-jumo

tracey said...

8 o'clock was my 'inside time' as well. I miss summer smells of grass and backyard barbeques. Cartwheels, skinned knees and bikes with pink ribbons on the handlebars.

Latest Additions.

  • Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours
  • My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges
  • Ra Ra Riot - Ra Ra Riot EP
  • Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
  • The National - The Virgina EP