Truth claims for everyone!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

sounds like fiction.

today i listened.

for like the first time, in a long while, i just stopped. i stopped thinking. i stopped worrying. i stopped breathing for a few seconds, and kind of felt light headed. ok, so i didn't do the last one. anyways, today i stopped, and listened. i just took in everything that was in front of me: a huge valley, with mountains higher than clouds, staring down at me. i watched as people drove down the highway in micro machines, off to dinner, or birthday parties, or good times with friends. it's pretty hard to be pessimistic with a beautiful sunset in front of you. i watched as the wind blew the leaves and the grass and the trees down the hill that i was standing atop.

it was only a few minutes out of my day, but it was really nice, and it made me appreciate all the good in my life.

see you tommorow.

No comments:

Latest Additions.

  • Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours
  • My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges
  • Ra Ra Riot - Ra Ra Riot EP
  • Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
  • The National - The Virgina EP