Truth claims for everyone!

Saturday, April 29, 2006

we don't want our beliefs.

the one thing that really irritated me about my last year of college was the way that i thought my friends and i were being percieved. it seemed like the "good Christians" at the school looked down on us, because of our tight pants and black t-shirts. it's funny now how three of my best friends and i are now pecieved as those uptight Christians.

maybe when i looked at those people that I called uptight, they were really the same as me. and when people now look at me, and think i'm uptight, we're really just the same. what seperates the Christian that drinks, or smokes, and the Christian that doesn't involve themselves in that. i guess it's all in God's hands, but it still makes me think. am i any worse?

i take a certain level of pride in my faith, not to the point where i'm cocky about it, but just enough that i can raise my chin, and know that i have hope. of course, if i ever get to that point where i'm raising my chin, i immediatly feel remorse. there's so much in my life that i can do, to bring the word of God to the people, but what have i done?

moving along, the smashing pumpkins wrote some darn good music.

2 comments:

Jumo said...

"so I fix me eyes not on what is seen"(perception)"but on what is unseen"(God's perception).2Cor.
But I hear yah...
It seems to me that the importance of being a christian lies more in what we do... than what we don't do.
"do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink."
Where did our heart go?
Lost under the heap of over- analyzation I'd imagine...

Anonymous said...

What a deep thought, wow I'm impressed!!

Latest Additions.

  • Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours
  • My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges
  • Ra Ra Riot - Ra Ra Riot EP
  • Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
  • The National - The Virgina EP